Welcome to Medicine Hat High School
Medicine Hat high School is known for excellence, innovation, and for offering one of the widest varieties of programs for students with different needs and talents. We are committed to providing a student-centered approach to education through:
- ACADEMIC CLASSES - A full compliment of courses that lead to college, university and technical school entrance
- ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) - in Math
- CAREER AND TECHNOLOGY STUDIES (CTS) - includes Autobody, Business Foundations, Communication Technology, Construction, Cosmetology, Fabrication, Fashion Studies, Foods, Information Processing, and Mechanics. Upon the completion of the required courses in Cosmetology, Fabrication and Mechanics, students may be able to challenge their first-year apprenticeship exam.
- SECOND LANGUAGE PROGRAMS - includes French, Japanese and Spanish.
- FINE ARTS - this includes Art, Band, Choir, Drama and Guitar.
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS - these include Athletic Conditioning, Individual Sports Performance, Health, and Outdoor Education in addition to our core Physical Education.
- OFF CAMPUS EDUCATION PROGRAM - includes Work Experience, Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP), and Health Services Internships.
- LEARNING STRATEGIES PROGRAM (LSP) - this program develops individualized programs planning to promote independent learning.
- LEARNING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM - this focuses on life skills and realistic learning situations.
- TRANSITIONS PROGRAM - This is a modified academic program for students who experience difficulty with their learning.
- ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) - this program focuses on welcoming new Canadians into our community.